Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Background

I am currently job-hunting - and finding it slow work incidentally. I have never had so few replies to applications! In the meantime I am earning little bits of commission from doing Jamie At Home parties (party sales of Jamie Oliver's Jme range of kitchen ware, scents and gardening accessories), and working on a plan to become a self-employed Virtual Assistant - taking on administrative work at home via the internet.

I've had several people, over the years, prompt me to start a blog - but I wasn't sure I had much to offer that wasn't already 'out there'. Still, I've always been difficult to shut up, and now that my children are settled and thriving in various schools and placements, I am finally standing up to be counted.

We've been busy recently - see below - and managed to get to a couple more wonderful events before that:

  • The Rosary Crusade of Reparation - Joseph Shaw has a set of beautiful photos of this on his blog;
  • And the Mass in thanksgiving for the Papal Visit, celebrated by Archbishop Nichols - which coincided with A Day With Mary, held on the same day at Westminster Cathedral. 
We plan to attend Towards Advent next Saturday, and possibly too, the Pontifical High Mass of Requiem to be celebrated by the Bishop John Arnold at 2.00pm on the same day.

Please make yourself at home.  Details of Family Days can be found on the Apostolate page, and my business endeavours on the Business page. Your interest, kind comments and patronage are cordially invited.

1 comment: